Education and training
Freeride Academy Muonio is a training academy focused on freeriding and safe movement in the mountains, operating in connection with Muonio high school and vocational college Lappia. At Freeride Academy, you can combine your high school or professional studies and sports flexibly and meaningfully under the guidance of professional and competent coaches and teachers.
Snow safety is an essential part of Freeride Academy's training and free skiing as a sport. Young people are taught the necessary skills for safe, risk-minimizing movement in snowy terrain.
Part of safe movement and hobbies is physical ability.
Weekly rhythm of training:
- Morning exercises three mornings a week before school starts
- Sports training on weekday afternoons after school
Snow time academy athletes camp about once a month with 3-4 day intensive camps in Finland, Sweden and Norway.
The responsible coach at the Academy is Mika Fält, who has over fifteen years of professional sports background in freediving. He has experience in freediving competitions and larger expedition projects. Mika Fält is a physical education teacher by profession and also has several years of coaching experience in freestyle, e.g. four years as a full-time coach of slopestyle skiers at the Ruka alpine school.
+358 50 571 0775
Project manager/responsibility coach, Freeride Academy
- Physical education teacher Muonio high school 2018-2019, coach and back country skie
- Alpine skiing para national team 1996-2002
- Sponsored back country skier from the year 2002
- Competed in back country ski since 2004
- Mt. Elbrus, Russia, 5642m, South route 14.05. 2013
- Ruka alpine school Full-time as a coach 2014-2017